Tuesday, February 5, 2008

To homeschool?

When we picked BabyGirl from school yesterday, she was happy. She said her head hurt, probably from a serious lack of sleep, but she never did meltdown. It was a great surprise considering how things had gone the night before & earlier in the day. She did her homework (almost happily), took her bath, watched a video, ate dinner, and sat with us to read bedtime stories with no major drama.

After the boys were tucked in, I let her watch Gigi (the one based on the kids book, not the one about a Parisian courtesan) while I soaked my hurting back in a too hot bath. Then we read two chapters of Peter Pan & cuddled for a few minutes before I left her tucked in. She never fussed or fought. She stayed in bed & slept well last night.

Then this morning rolled around. She didn't want to get up, but once she was up, she was pretty calm. All was well until time to get dressed. By the time they left I could hear her screaming eventhough the van door was closed as was the screen door on the house. She was completely unglued.
When Husband came home he said we needed to start looking into homeschooling. It's gottent that bad. I'm not sure this is the right rout for us (as homework is usually a serious battle), but I do know it's worth investigating. Right now it just seems like one more thing to worry about...and I don't have the engery to worry over anything!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sending my prayers up for you and your family..many prayers my friend..(i'm looking into online highschool/or homeschool for BEP right now..she's having a real hard time dealing with kids)

Lauren said...

crt is homeschooling em, her 1st grader, this year. her sister has also homeschooled all 6 of her kids all the way through... i am sure she would be glad to answer any questions and told her

Grace said...

We love GIGI in our house! Well, Bee anyway!