Sunday, February 10, 2008

GNO: Girls Night Out

For some odd reason, everytime I post here, I get a window inside a window. It's massively irritating.

Yesterday I had a babyshower to go to for an old neighbor of ours. The father of the baby lived across the street from us when we lived in town. He was a kid when Husband moved into the house. They played basketball together. I can't belive he's old enough to be a father.

I planned on going by myself (well, with Bitsy...but she's too little to count still), but Husband decided he wanted to go check out the new Menards near where the shower was. At the last minute, he changed his mind because he was still doing chores. I figured BabyGirl would decide to stay home since her dad was going to be there, but she made a card, put on her favorite dress, and went with me.

She had a blast at the shower (she even won a set of Fresh Linen candles playing the string game...where you guess how big around the expectant mother is. BabyGirl was off by about 1/4 of an inch). Then we went in a kids boutique & she proceded to spend our entire income tax return window shopping for dresses. I have to say I'm a tad worried as her tastes run a little JonBenet. We went to the local off name discount store (how that place has stayed open this long is mind boggling) and picked up The Swan Princess on DVD. Then we headed to Pizza Hut so she could use her Book It cupon.

We had such a good time. Bitsy was happy & chatty. BabyGirl got lots of compliments on her dress. We talked & laughed & played. It was such a joy. We haven't had many good days together lately. This one was much needed.

When we got home, she watched her movie & played & decided bedtime was totally unnecessary. I tried to get her in bed once (to no avail) and had to give up to put Bitsy down instead. BabyGirl convinced her dad to play checkers with her. They were still playing when I went to bed at 10:30. I think they played until close to midnight. She must be a child checkers prodigy. She's won every game they've played. ;)

Today she was supposed to go with me to Uncle E's to see Beffie's dresses for the Valentine's dance & prom, but she didn't want to get dressed again after we got home from church. I started to argue with her, but Husband said to let it be. He'd stay here with her & play checkers some more. She did get dressed for church with no problem...even putting on her pearls & a ring. But that's because I washed the underpants & dress she wore yesterday & wore them today.

I'm just glad we've had a good weekend. We needed one badly.

I'm hoping to hear from the OT at the hospital tomorrow...I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad your weekend went well.. you both deserve it.

needlefingers said...

Forget how it stays open, how on Earth does it have a website?! :)