Thursday, March 6, 2008

Worry not about tomorrow....

As usual I was worried about nothing. BabyGirl not only got up & got dressed in the dreaded red shirt willingly (thanks to a few sprays of Bath & Body Works Clean Cotton Body Spray), but she came home & begged me to wash the shirt tonight so she can wear it again tomorrow!

When she came home from school yesterday, the first thing she did was apologize to me for her melt-down that morning. An absolute first for her. She's apologized if we discussed it later, but this was totally unprovoked. Later I let her decorate her lunch sack with markers, sparkly glue, and stamps to take on the field trip today. After that she was very excited about going.

Sometimes her Dr.Jekyll & Mr.Hyde act makes me dizzy. I used to repeat the nursery rhyme to her:
There once was a girl who had a curl,
Right down the middle of her forehead.
When she was good she was very good,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

I wonder if the girl with the curl had SPD.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope all goes well in the morning. Gentile hugs to baby girl and you..I'm so proud of the big girl step she took today..Very big girl.

Anonymous said...

I'm very proud of my grandaughter. To offer an unsolicited apology is a wonderful thing. I'm always proud of my grand children, but this is a special time. Give her a hug from me.

Pa