Monday, March 3, 2008

My four eyed baby.


BabyGirl is nearsighted. Apparently this is uncommon in six year olds. Most kids her age are farsighted. And the way I understand it, she's only near sighted in her right eye. It's about 20/40 or 20/50. So glasses it is. Mainly for board work at school. Her glasses will be exactly like mine (the frames in the pic are the right shape, wrong color. Ours are burgundy). Illinois Medicaid (while I am eternally grateful for it) needs to refine it's optomical guidelines. They had 2 frames to choose from. These & a flimsy wire frame. And they take a full month to come in!
She's not particularly happy about the idea of wearing them...or at least she wasn't until it came time to tell people about them. "They look really cute on me, Pa." She's right, they are adorable!
Oh, and she doesn't like the new jeans I bought. This could get bad....

2 comments:

Queen Mother said...

she reminds me of her mama.

Look Daddy see how pretty I am.

I'm sure she will be just as pretty.

Maybe I should get a pair just like them.
What do you think?

Queen Mother said...

she reminds me of her mama.

Look Daddy see how pretty I am.

I'm sure she will be just as pretty.

Maybe I should get a pair just like them.
What do you think?