Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sick & Tired

It's a sad state of affairs when you're relieved that your child doesn't feel great. This is the first time in 2 weeks we haven't had some kind of bed time drama. While I do love that I'm getting to spend some much needed time with BabyGirl in the evening, it is a tad difficult sometimes.

Post bedtime is my chance to decompress. I do the last of my chores, shower, pick up the house, read, eat, watch something other than Spongebob, talk to Art without interruption, & enjoy the peace. Most nights I also have to wrangle B.B. back into bed and feed & settle Bitsy in for the evening. When BabyGirl gets dramatic & I have to lay with her, it can make the rest of that next to impossible.

Last night was a night when I needed that down time. Badly. Instead I had a fight with BabyGirl, a fight with B.B., no shower, and a crying Bitsy to take care of. It was not pleasant. I wasn't feeling well (still not feeling great), and had no patience to spare.

Today, #1 Son came home from school & said BabyGirl didn't want to play at recess because she was "sick." When she came home I asked her about it. She said she just didn't feel very good. By bedtime she was dragging a bit...it was bad enough that she not only put on her night gown and went to bed at 7:30 without a fight, but she wanted her blanket on. This is the girl who never wants to wear clothes of any kind & flat refuses to cover up with anything heavier than a sheet no matter how cold it is (19 at the moment).

Guess I should take a cue from her & hit the sack. I just hope she feels better tomorrow. She's already missed one day this week due to a bad cold...and I think tomorrow is when the OT is going to be at her school.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope on Baby Girl is feeling better this morning. Hugs.

Samantha said...

We're praying for you Baby Girl.